Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission Is Educating Your Child: Mind, Body and Spirit
St. Charles Borromeo School is a family-oriented PK-8 Catholic school that prides itself on the development of the whole child-mind, body and soul; while exceeding academic standards, cultivating discipleship, and remaining rooted in Catholic teachings and traditions.
While our Catholic faith is clearly part of our identity, families of all faiths are welcome to join our growing SCB family.
The student admission requirements are listed below.
- Birth and baptismal (if Catholic) certificates are required.
- A physical examination (including required immunizations) is required by state law prior to entrance into preschool, kindergarten or first grade (if did not attend Kindergarten) and sixth grade.
- An eye exam is required by state law prior to entrance into Kindergarten. This exam must have taken place within one year prior to the start of school and performed by a licensed optometrist or physician (such as an ophthalmologist) that performs eye exams.
- A dental examination is required for all students entering kindergarten, second grade, and sixth grade and new students, with proof of exam provided to the school by May 15th of that school year.
- Kindergarten children must have reached the age of five on or before September 1st of the academic year in which they enroll unless special circumstances are determined by the principal.
- Children will be accepted for first grade if they have reached the age of six on or before September 1st of the academic year in which they enroll, unless special circumstances are determined by the principal.
- Admission of transfer students is contingent upon receipt of all records: academic, psychological, health, etc., from the student’s previous school. Students will not be considered admitted until these documents have been received and reviewed. The below mentioned probationary period will commence.
- Testing of transfer students in grades 1-8 may be required at the school’s discretion.
- Transfer students who have been home-schooled will be placed in the appropriate grade based on a review of records and in consultation with parents, teachers, principal and/or pastor.
- All new students at SCB including Kindergarten students will have a nine-week probationary period. During that time, students will be evaluated with regard to their social and academic adjustment. After this time, the teacher(s), in consultation with the principal, will determine one of the following: whether the student has passed the probationary period and should continue at SCB, whether the probation should be extended, or whether the student should transfer to another school. Parents will be informed of this decision within one week following the probationary period.
Helpful Download Links:
- SCB Registration Letter from Dr. Trumblay
- SCB Registration Instructions
- SCB Registration Worksheet
- SCB Certificate of Child Health Examination 2021
- SCB Dental Exam Form 2021
- SCB Eye Exam Report 2021
- SCB Supply List K-4 2021-22
- SCB PK3 Supply List 2021-22
- SCB PK4 Supply List- 2021-22
- SCB-Supply List-5-8 2021-22
- Download All Of the Above PDFs
New Family Application
We will begin accepting new student applications for the 2021-22 school year on Monday, January 25th at 9:00 AM.
Please click the link below to begin our online process.
(you will be directed to another website)
Please contact Vicki Gray for more information.
|Oldest Child If Grades K-7||$3,850.00|
|Oldest Child If Grade 8||$3,400.00|
|Second Child If Grades K-8||$3,300.00|
|Third Child If Grades K-8||$2,750.00|
|Fourth Child If Grades K-8||$2,200.00|
|Fifth & Additional Children Grades K-8||NO CHARGE!|
|One Student PreK-3 (2x/wk)||$1,700.00|
|One Student PreK-4 (3x/wk Morning Class Only)||$2,125.00|
|One Student PreK-4 (5x/wk Morning Class Only)||$2,800.00|
|One Student PreK-4 (5x/wk Full Day Class)**||$4,500.00|
|** dependent on enrollment|
Educating your whole child: Mind, Body & Spirit
Whenever possible, St. Charles Borromeo provides financial assistance to make our school an affordable option for all families. In doing so, we rely on a third-party tuition management system to evaluate all requests for tuition assistance. This ensures an objective evaluation of each request and maintains confidentiality.
Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship
The Illinois “Invest in Kids Act” provides scholarship opportunities to nonpublic schools for qualifying families with students in grades K-12. The scholarships offered through this program are needs-based and could cover up to 100 percent of tuition and eligible fees and are needs-based. See the Empower Illinois website to determine if your family qualifies.
Please note that all St. Charles Borromeo (SCB) families interested in tuition assistance, must first determine if their family is eligible for a Tax Credit Scholarship before applying for tuition assistance.
In many instances, families will be awarded more assistance through the Tax Credit Scholarship program than through SCB’s tuition assistance.
Applications for 2020-2021 tax credit scholarships will open on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Prior scholarship recipients or those who have been on a waitlist must reapply annually. The application is a two-step process explained here by Empower Illinois.
Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Donor Information
Illinois’ “Invest in Kids Act” provides an incentive for individual and corporate donors to support nonpublic school scholarships for qualifying families. Provisions of the law include:
- Donors receive a credit (not deduction) on their Illinois Income Tax Return equal to 75% of the money contributed to the scholarships.
- Individual donors may direct their donations to a particular school. Corporations cannot designate their donations.
- The funds for this program cannot exceed $100 million in donations ($75 million in Illinois income tax credits) and is scheduled to be effective for 5 years.
Contributions to this fund benefit ALL of us. The donors benefit with a 75% tax credit, the eligible families benefit by being able to attend SCB, and our entire community benefits as we continue to grow enrollment and at the same time reduce the amount of financial assistance we would otherwise provide to eligible families.
For more information about how to donate, please contact Vicki Gray at 847.683.3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guardian Angel Scholarship:
You Are Invited to Be a Guardian Angel.
We have students in our parish who are financially unable to attend our school. We created the Guardian Angel Sponsorship program so that parishioners of St. Charles Borromeo can give the gift of a Catholic education to children in need.
Please consider sponsoring a child at one of the following three levels:
- The Full Cost Sponsorship is $7,834.00
- The School Year Tuition Sponsorship is $3,750.00
- The Fees Only Sponsorship is $1,000.00
Payment options of 9, 10, or a 12-month payment plan are available.
By becoming a Guardian Angel you’ll help a child in need to receive an education of the highest caliber and ensure the formation of the future leaders of our parish and community.
Please call or email the school to become A Guardian Angel and help make a difference for a deserving child.
SCB | Hampshire, IL
Enrolling NOW for 2021-2022
IN-PERSON Classes Starting ON TIME in August 2021!!
3 & 4 Year Old Preschool
1:1 Chromebooks in 1st-8th Grades
Before & After School Care
Bus Service Available
Sports, Band, Choir & More!
For More Information or a Personal Tour Call
SAINT CHARLES BORROMEO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Schedule a Tour
Selecting a school for your child is one of the most important decisions parents make. We invite you to get to know Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic School. We welcome your inquiries and encourage you to schedule a tour while classes are in session to learn more about our nationally and internationally recognized curriculum and instruction.
Please contact Vicki Gray to schedule a personal tour.
Or fill out the form to submit a request.
Schedule a Tour
PARISH ADDRESS | 297 E Jefferson St., Hampshire, IL 60140
PARISH OFFICE OFFICE | 847.683.2391
Updated Quick Links
Diocese of Rockford Guidelines for COVID-19
Parents FAQs in Reopening of Schools Amidst COVID-19
SCB Faculty & Staff
SCB Official YouTube Channel
SCB Parish Website
Diocese of Rockford
The Holy See
The Daily Rosary
District 300 Updates
St. Edward Central Catholic High School
The Life of St. Charles Borromeo