Our preschool students discover and refine their learning styles, through a variety of techniques. We are aligned with Illinois Early Learning Standards and the Diocese of Rockford, with our goal being to provide an engaging environment where children feel safe and comfortable and where they can grow and learn both academically and spiritually.
Our approach to child development is simple-provide a nurturing environment where kids can grow. We open the door to opportunities for them to discover, create, manipulate, absorb, interact and explore.
- Three-Year-Old: Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-11:30
- Four-Year-Old: Half Day. Monday-Friday from 9:00-11:30
- Four-Year-Old Full Day: Monday-Friday from 9:00-3:00
Your child will develop into an independent thinker by immersing themselves into a new environment with endless opportunities for hands-on, independent and communal learning. Students rotate through classroom “jobs” where they develop responsibility and leadership in executing specific, unique tasks.
Develop Social Skills
Your child will become more proficient in interacting with adults and peers as they participate in special classes such as P.E., dance, drama, music, and technology. Students learn to follow directions, communicate emotions, resolve conflict, and reason and form connections. Interaction with their peers teaches them to cooperate, take turns, share, forgive and support one another.
- Our reading curriculum is Wonders by McGraw Hill.
- Develop the building blocks of reading by focusing heavily on alphabet recognition, letter sounds, phonemic awareness and letter blending.
- Expose children to a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction genres which are used to develop questioning and discussion techniques.
- Develop writing skills through drawings, dictation, and guided practice.
- Our math curriculum is integrated throughout the day through manipulative, technology, and small group instruction.
- Learn about numbers, their names, and their quantities, and be introduced to the concepts of addition, subtraction, estimation, measurement, and patterning using both standard and non-standard hands-on manipulative.
- Introduced to both two- and three-dimensional shapes and figures.
- Collect and analyze data using charts and graphs.
- Participate in a wide variety of hands-on experiences that relate to Life, Physical and Earth Sciences.
- Understand how technology and math are applied in the study of science.
- Engage in group discussions and activities that develop observational skills, scientific inquiry, and the ability to use information to form a hypothesis.
- Our students use Scholastic News Magazine as part of their curriculum.
- Develop an understanding of personal uniqueness and appreciate the same in others.
- Understand responsibility to family, class, school, community, and the world.
- Explore the dynamics of a community and the different roles community members play.
- Recite the Pledge of Allegiance daily.
- Using Blest Are We Series and Bible Curriculum
- Participate in daily prayer and religious teachings.
- Understand and live the moral teachings of the Church.
- Recognize and appreciate all God’s creations.
- Curriculum we use Blest Our We and Beginning Bible Curriculum.
SCB | Hampshire, IL
Enrolling NOW for 2021-2022
IN-PERSON Classes Starting ON TIME in August 2021!!
3 & 4 Year Old Preschool
1:1 Chromebooks in 1st-8th Grades
Before & After School Care
Bus Service Available
Sports, Band, Choir & More!
For More Information or a Personal Tour Call
SAINT CHARLES BORROMEO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Schedule a Tour
Selecting a school for your child is one of the most important decisions parents make. We invite you to get to know Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic School. We welcome your inquiries and encourage you to schedule a tour while classes are in session to learn more about our nationally and internationally recognized curriculum and instruction.
Please contact Vicki Gray to schedule a personal tour.
Or fill out the form to submit a request.
Schedule a Tour
PARISH ADDRESS | 297 E Jefferson St., Hampshire, IL 60140
PARISH OFFICE OFFICE | 847.683.2391
Updated Quick Links
Diocese of Rockford Guidelines for COVID-19
Parents FAQs in Reopening of Schools Amidst COVID-19
SCB Faculty & Staff
SCB Official YouTube Channel
SCB Parish Website
Diocese of Rockford
The Holy See
The Daily Rosary
District 300 Updates
St. Edward Central Catholic High School
The Life of St. Charles Borromeo