Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission Is Educating Your Child: Mind, Body and Spirit
St. Charles Borromeo School is a family-oriented PK-8 Catholic school that prides itself on the development of the whole child-mind, body and soul; while exceeding academic standards, cultivating discipleship, and remaining rooted in Catholic teachings and traditions.
SCB is social, Are You?
Become Social With SCB
SCB Quick Link
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School
We offer what every parent wants for their child- an education that prepares students for success today and for a lifetime.
- We are Catholic. We start each day with prayer and include God in everything we do. Children learn to live their faith daily and begin to take responsibility for themselves and for each other. Students participate in the sacramental life of the church by attending Mass weekly, participating in confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and the liturgical seasons.
- We are Challenging. Our teachers have designed curricula in Reading, Language Arts, Math Social Studies, and Science that are aligned to the Diocese of Rockford and Illinois State Standards. Embedded in these lessons are innovative practices like guided reading, Literature Circles, and Algebraic inquiry. To ensure that their learning experience is well rounded, SCB provides our students with Spanish, Music, Technology, Art, Dance/Drama and Multi-Media Visual Art as part of their core education.
- We are Technologically Advanced. Students in grades K-8 receive weekly computer instruction and explore technology as part of their daily lessons. SCB Technology is as follows: 1:1 Chromebook, Elmo’s and Projectors and Portable Smartboards throughout our school.
- We are Successful. Students, enter high school taking honor courses and many of our graduates have been valedictorian at their perspective high schools.
- We are Attentive. With an average student/teacher ratio of 13:1, we are able to enrich, instruct and remediate students according to their individual needs.
- We are Flexible. To meet the diverse needs of our youngest learners, we offer a three-year-old program twice a week for a half day. Our four-year-old program can be either half day or full day. SCB offers a Before Care Program and After Care Program.
- We are Supportive. Our community at St. Charles Borromeo is truly one of a kind. We rally around our members, both in times of celebration and in times of need. We come together annually in support of such causes as Veterans, Golden Agers, Mary Seat of Wisdom Library and School in Nigeria, Food Drive, Toy Drive and Hat/Glove Drive.
St. Charles Borromeo School wants to welcome you into our family. If you would like a school tour or more information, please email or call 847-683-3450.
SCB | Hampshire, IL
Enrolling NOW for 2021-2022
IN-PERSON Classes Starting ON TIME in August 2021!!
3 & 4 Year Old Preschool
1:1 Chromebooks in 1st-8th Grades
Before & After School Care
Bus Service Available
Sports, Band, Choir & More!
For More Information or a Personal Tour Call
SAINT CHARLES BORROMEO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Schedule a Tour
Selecting a school for your child is one of the most important decisions parents make. We invite you to get to know Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic School. We welcome your inquiries and encourage you to schedule a tour while classes are in session to learn more about our nationally and internationally recognized curriculum and instruction.
Please contact Vicki Gray to schedule a personal tour.
Or fill out the form to submit a request.
Schedule a Tour
PARISH ADDRESS | 297 E Jefferson St., Hampshire, IL 60140
PARISH OFFICE OFFICE | 847.683.2391
Updated Quick Links
Diocese of Rockford Guidelines for COVID-19
Parents FAQs in Reopening of Schools Amidst COVID-19
SCB Faculty & Staff
SCB Official YouTube Channel
SCB Parish Website
Diocese of Rockford
The Holy See
The Daily Rosary
District 300 Updates
St. Edward Central Catholic High School
The Life of St. Charles Borromeo