Our 1:1 technology program continues to grow to accommodate all students. Devices available to our students and teachers include interactive boards throughout the school; PCs in our technology lab, iPads in our Preschool, and Chrome books in Kg-8th grade classrooms.
Digital literacy is an essential and necessary component of our curriculum development to prepare our students to communicate and interact in a technology driven society. It is our goal for every student to become resourceful, ethical, and informed digital citizens.
What is the purpose of technology in the classrooms? To answer this question, it is important to refer to the 4C’s – Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creativity and add one more –Computational Thinking. These skills are paramount in the education of our students for the 21st century to prepare them to be productive citizens and successful scholars.
- St. Charles Borromeo School is proud to offer a robust technology program that benefits students of all ages. Technology is woven into every aspect of curriculum with the use of interactive whiteboards, Chromebooks, and other tools so that students apply techniques universally, and across all subject areas. State of the art computer lab used by students in Kindergarten through grade 8 to complement classroom projects and programs that ensures students have a solid foundation in technology for their grade level.
- Students in grades 3-8 use coding to help build the following necessary skills:
- It helps kids learn in meaningful context.
- It teaches them that learning is a process and not a product.
- It teaches them how to take complex ideas and break them down into simpler parts.
- It teaches them how to collaborate with others.
- It also teaches them how to keep persistent and persevere in the face of frustration when things are not working well.
- It teaches determination and risk-taking.
- It helps them become fluent with technologies and enable them to open up and express their ideas.
- It helps them be creative.
- It helps them interact with the world around them.
Common Sense Media’s Digital Citizenship. This program for grades K-8 is designed to produce a school culture that positively supports the safe and responsible use of technology. Students receive three different lessons per year on various topics such as:
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Cyberbullying & Digital Drama
- Digital Footprints & Reputation
- Self-Image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyrights
The St. Charles Borromeo School faculty embraces the principles of the 21st Century Learning Initiative, an approach to academic work that prioritizes technological adeptness alongside the essential building blocks of learning and understands technology as an essential link between the school classroom and the outside world.
St. Charles Borromeo’s approach to technology helps our students use today’s tools as a compliment to the work in our demanding curriculum, not as a substitute for the traditional academic efforts of books, pencil to paper and performance pieces such as speeches, dramatic readings and presentations. It is our blend of the best of the old with the cutting edge of innovation that helps us to educate well-rounded learners.
Technology will continue to play a major role in the education and lives of our children. SCB prides itself on graduating tech savvy students who are equipped to meet the demands of more complex high school work. We prepare students to become responsible digital citizens, collaborate as a community of learners, and use new innovations to enhance learning. We believe that it is our obligation to teach students to actively use technology in a responsible and effective way.
SCB | Hampshire, IL
Enrolling NOW for 2021-2022
IN-PERSON Classes Starting ON TIME in August 2021!!
3 & 4 Year Old Preschool
1:1 Chromebooks in 1st-8th Grades
Before & After School Care
Bus Service Available
Sports, Band, Choir & More!
For More Information or a Personal Tour Call
SAINT CHARLES BORROMEO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Schedule a Tour
Selecting a school for your child is one of the most important decisions parents make. We invite you to get to know Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic School. We welcome your inquiries and encourage you to schedule a tour while classes are in session to learn more about our nationally and internationally recognized curriculum and instruction.
Please contact Vicki Gray to schedule a personal tour.
Or fill out the form to submit a request.
Schedule a Tour
PARISH ADDRESS | 297 E Jefferson St., Hampshire, IL 60140
PARISH OFFICE OFFICE | 847.683.2391
Updated Quick Links
Diocese of Rockford Guidelines for COVID-19
Parents FAQs in Reopening of Schools Amidst COVID-19
SCB Faculty & Staff
SCB Official YouTube Channel
SCB Parish Website
Diocese of Rockford
The Holy See
The Daily Rosary
District 300 Updates
St. Edward Central Catholic High School
The Life of St. Charles Borromeo