From Our Principal
Choosing the best place for your child’s education is one of the biggest decisions you will make. If you are like many parents, you want your child to be able to learn in a safe and secure environment. You want your child surrounded by people—teachers, staff, and other parents who will have a positive influence and teach lessons about life, faith, belief, and moral values, not just academic subjects.
At St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School, we do a great job teaching things like reading, writing, science, and math, but we also spend time educating the whole child in mind, heart, and spirit. SCB is a special place where children feel a caring community, get one-on-one attention, and learn a strong sense of right and wrong.
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School isn’t free, but there are many parents who understand that a child’s education is worth paying for, especially when you consider what parents and children get in return. Not just the bare minimum but a sense of faith, an ability to focus, and an expectation of achievement are all important aspects of success at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School and in life.
SCB provides many things that other schools don’t or can’t. We invite you to take some time to see what we believe in, see what we believe is important, and visit our school to make the best choice for your family. I look forward to meeting with you, welcoming you, and introducing you to the faith, focus, and achievement that St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School offers:
- Faith: As children grow, they have many questions about the world, their own identities, powers greater than themselves, and their relationship with God.
- Focus: Individual attention and the discipline and order that keeps kids safe, helps children focus on what matters.
- Achievement: We take test scores seriously and have great results, but we know there is one true measure of success. Academic rigor is essential to our school identity.
- Values: Distinguishing between right and wrong and learning to behave in a world full of troubles and temptations is essential. We will do everything we can in partnership between the school and the home.
- Community: Sharing hopes, dreams, and service experiences is the best way to learn how to treat others as you would like to be treated.
If you like to know more about St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School and get a personal tour, we can be reached at 847-683-3450.
Dr. Peter Trumblay
PARISH ADDRESS | 297 E Jefferson St., Hampshire, IL 60140
PARISH OFFICE | 847.683.2391